As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you anxious because you have just lost your key? Or worried because you have forgotten the password? If your answer is ‘yes,’ then you are at the right place.
Now there is no need to be anxious as I guide you in the best possible manner. This article will guide you on how to open a safe without a key and combination.
- How to Open a Safe Without a Key and Combination
- Open a Safe With Rare Earth Magnet
- Open a Safe With Bounce or Smack Method
- Open a Safe With a Nail Cutter Filer
- Open a Safe Using a Knife and Screwdriver
- Open a Safe With Hammer and Chisel
- Open a Safe Using Paper Clips
- Open a Safe by SouthOrd 7 Pins Tubular Lock Pick
- Open a Safe by Bore Scope and Resetting Combination
- Take Help From the Safe Company
How to Open a Safe Without a Key and Combination
When people lose their keys or forget the combination of their safe or anything else, they are considered irresponsible. However, I make mistakes as humans, and I should not waste my time blaming ourselves.
The best strategy is to correct your error as soon as possible. In this case, you need to relax and look for alternative ways to work for you and help you open your safe.
Many different kinds of safes are available in the market. Some people still prefer using the traditional safe with a lock and key.
However, digital safe and sentry safe is more commonly used today. All of them have different unlocking mechanisms.
Now I will see what alternative methods you can adopt when you have lost the key or combination of your safe.
Open a Safe With Rare Earth Magnet
Either using a Digital safe or a Sentry safe, you can use Neodymium Rare Earth Magnet to open the lock instantly.
A Neodymium Magnet with a pulling force of 120 to 300 pounds is sufficient for unlocking the safe, and in that case, you won’t need anything else to open the safe. If you don’t own one, you can easily buy it online within a range of $20.
When using a Neodymium Magnet, you should remain careful to prevent incidents. Care should be taken to keep it away from:
- electronic devices
- household utensils
- other magnets
- people wearing a peacemaker
Great caution is required to keep it away from another Neodymium magnet. Otherwise, both can get attached and get shattered. Similarly, it would be best never to place your fingers between magnets as it may cause serious injuries.
To open a Sentry safe with Neodymium Magnet, place the Neodymium magnet in a Gym sock. Now attach it to the top left corner and from there gradually move it toward the right side. If the lock is still not opened, move it around to see the magic.
If you own a digital safe, you have to place the magnet underneath the digital safe so that the magnet is precisely below the solenoid. The digital safe will open in a moment.
Open a Safe With Bounce or Smack Method
You can use this method only if you have a digital Safe. To open the safe by this method:
- Place the safe on a plain bouncy surface.
- Hold your safe approximately two feet above the surface in both hands.
- Your hands’ grip should be in a way that your right hands are on the lock, trying to open it while the left hand securely holds the backside of the safe.
- Now let the safe fall from the hands.
- Repeat the process several times until the safe gets open.
If this method does not work, I suggest you invest in a Neodymium magnet, as it is a more reliable method of opening a safe without a key and combination.
You can also smack with a hammer gently right above the solenoid while trying to open the door continuously. You may successfully unlock your safe after trying this method several times.
Open a Safe With a Nail Cutter Filer
Another traditional thing that has been used for centuries for opening safe locks is the nail cutter filer. The process is straightforward, and yes, I have nail cutters in my homes. So to unlock your safe, insert the pointed tip of the filer to make up and down movement in the keyhole.
When it gets fixed in the keyhole, rotate the filer in a counterclockwise movement to unlock the safe.
Open a Safe Using a Knife and Screwdriver
Another traditional and easy method is using a knife or a screwdriver. Insert the pointed edge into the keyhole, fix it, and rotate anticlockwise.
This method is convenient as knives and screwdrivers are found in every home. The procedure is the same as opening the safe with the nail cutter filer. This method works well for Sentry Safe.
Open a Safe With Hammer and Chisel
You can also use a hammer and Chisel to open a Digital safe. For this purpose, you will require a Chisel with an extended flat tip. All you have to do is point the end of the Chisel towards the top of the keypad and start smacking gently with the hammer.
- Perfect for professional and beginner woodworkers.
- Quenching treatment, high hardness, strong toughness, sharp edge, no curling and chipping.
- Drop forged chrome-vanadium steel blade with lacquer coating for durability and heat treated for...
Now the keypad will come out, and you can remove it with your hand. After the keypad, you can also remove the lock to find a small hole in the safe. By inserting your finger inside this hole, you can now easily unlock the safe and open its door. Though this method is easy, you will require to repair your safe for using it next time.
Open a Safe Using Paper Clips
Like nail cutter filers, knives, and screwdrivers, paper clips are also easily accessible and do not cost anything. Using a paper clip will involve a few steps:
- Firstly, you have to make it straight and then cut it from the middle with a wire cutter’s help.
- Take the first piece of the paper clip and bend it at 90 degrees in a way that resembles a Tension tool.
- Bend the other half of the clip to resemble a Feeler Pick, giving it a 45 degrees angle with the help of a Needle-Nose Filer.
- Now insert the first one from the bottom of the keyhole and the second 45 degrees at the keyhole’s upper side.
- After securing both of them in their right place, rotate both gently until the safe gets unlocked.
Open a Safe by SouthOrd 7 Pins Tubular Lock Pick
SouthOrd 7 Pins Tubular Lock Pick is created to help you unlock your safe without causing any damage to its structure. The only downside is that you need to invest a little bit in purchasing it.
Open a Safe by Bore Scope and Resetting Combination
This method will require you to drill a hole in your digital safe from its backside. Through this hole, insert a Bore Scope and then press the reset button. Choose a code to unlock the safe. The only drawback is that this procedure may threaten the security and original structure of the lock.
Take Help From the Safe Company
After verifying the original ownership documents, most safe manufacturing companies provide their customers with the required combination numbers and duplicate keys.
You can also read more guides if you are looking for more ways to open the safe without a key & combination lock. Check out my articles on how to open a Sentinel gun safe and a Cannon gun safe without a key.
Choosing the best method to open your safe without its key and combination seems challenging. With trial and error, you can figure out the most suitable and convenient one for you.