If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Having a gun safe is to secure your firearms is a good investment in keeping the guns reach out of children or from an unknown person. There are numerous places available in your house where you can hide your safe, but we recommend you place the gun safe under the bed for quick access in times of emergency.
There are hundreds of models available in the market but going with the best under-bed gun safe is a perfect choice if you want to get your hands on your weapon in an attempted burglary in your house.
When going with these gun safes, they can easily move from one place to another due to less weight. But you can also mount the unit on the floor due to its lightweight to prevent carrying by burglars if you are not in your house.
We vouch for the Dual Lock Under Bed Safe By Monster Vault as the best under bed gun safe. If you wish to weigh in more options, read our entire buying guide.
- 1. Dual Lock Under Bed Safe By Monster Vault
- 2. Moutec Under Bed Drawer Safe
- 3. AR Gun Locker with RFID Touch-Free Entry (Hornady)
- 4. Quick Access Keyless Shotgun Safe By V-Line
- 5. V-Line Slide-Away Security Safe
- Factors To Consider While Selecting Under Bed Gun Safe
- Final Words
1. Dual Lock Under Bed Safe By Monster Vault
If you are looking for a gun safe that can store a couple of long rifles and other accessories like money, scopes, ammo, magazines, then check out the Monster Vault. Due to its 7″ inches height, it can fit under any bed, and you can also place this unit inside any RV or truck while transporting your weapon.
This unit can be accessed with an electric keypad and an override key if the battery runs out if you have to access your guns. The interior of the unit has soft foam that protects stored items from any scratches or dent. Whole-body has an exterior finish of black constructed with solid impact-resistant steel.
It has a thickness of 12 gauge body, and the door has 16 gauge thickness capable of protecting from any forced entry. This unit is approved by the California department of justice and is designed as a slide-out drawer. There is no light system inside the monster vault which might be difficult for those who likes to access the safe in darker condition.
|Internal Dimensions||47 x 26.5 x 6|
|External Dimensions||48 x 28 x 7|
|Fire Rating||Not Fireproof|
|Lock||Electric Keypad & Manual Key|
- Lots of storage space that can store a couple of rifles, shotguns, and handguns
- Pre-Drilled holes to mount the unit on the floor
- Interior has soft foam to protect the stored items from any scratch while taking out
- 12 gauge thickness with solid steel construction of a wall
- Made In USA & Approved by California Department Of Justice
- No interior light inside the unit
- The unit is heavy in size, so it is hard to move from one place to another.
2. Moutec Under Bed Drawer Safe
The Moutec Under Bed Drawer Safe is perfect for those gun owners who like to store their gun safe in various locations like the inside closet, under the bed, or in their vehicle. There is a two-year replacement warranty if anything happens to the unit in this time period.
This unit is accessed by a digital keypad and override key that is useful when the battery runs out, and you need to access it in an emergency condition. There will be a beep sound whenever you enter the code, but that sound can be turned on/off according to your need.
You will need 4 AA batteries to access this safe, and there is an interior led light that turns on automatically as soon as the door is open. The LED light turns off automatically in 20 seconds, allowing you to access your stored firearms in low light conditions.
The 100% steel walls and 3 solid steel deadbolts make the three-point locking system that protects the gun safe from thieves accessing the unit. For easy transportation, there are two handles at the side of the safety box that helps to lift the unit. There are two drilled holes at the bottom and two drill holes at the back of the unit with all the mounting hardware.
|Internal Dimensions||43.3 x 12 x 3.94|
|External Dimensions||46.8 x 15.5 x 6.7|
|Fire Rating||Not Fireproof|
|Lock||Digital Keypad & Manual Key|
- Ample storage to store multiple handguns or long rifles with extra magazines
- Interior LED light keeps you access your firearms in darker room
- 3 point locking system with three solid deadbolt makes the gun safe more secure in compare to its competitors
- Two side handle makes it easy for transportation of weapons
- The LED light time should be more, or there should option to turn off the timer of 20 seconds.
- ✅【Store firearms and other valuables out of site】 Large slide-out drawer accommodates...
- ✅【Instant Home Defense, Quick firearm access】 Quick Digital PIN code and Backup Key ACCESS for...
- 【MULTI-USE CAPACITY】 The drawer safe can lie down under other types of large furniture, under...
3. AR Gun Locker with RFID Touch-Free Entry (Hornady)
The AR Gun Locker from Hornady is perfect for storing AR-type rifles or shotguns with solid steel construction. This unit has four internal locking lugs, and a solid body made up of 16 gauge thickness with 1500-lb rated cable as an added security. It has a side handle to lift the safe if you have to place it at another location.
The RFID feature allows you to open the unit instantly as soon as the band is scanned, allowing you to quickly get your hands on stored rifles. This RFID tag is programmed and can be used by five different tags to open the gun safe.
For the opening of the unit, the door has spring-loaded that opens the door instantly, and you can operate this unit with the help of an AC power adapter or battery pack.
If you connect your unit from an AC power source, then the keypad light will be on, and there is no switch to turn it off. Also, the locking knob is made up of cheap plastic, and there will be a loud mechanism sound when the rifle safe is unlocked.
|Internal Dimensions||40.5 x 13.5 x 5.5|
|External Dimensions||42 x 15.25 x 6.75|
|Fire Rating||Not Fireproof|
|Lock||RFID, Electric Keypad & Manual Key|
- Perfect for storing AR-type rifles
- Side handles allow you to transport from one place to another easily
- RFID tag makes you access your weapons quickly without any entering numbers
- Heavy-duty tamper and pry proof gun safe
- The knob is made up of cheap plastic
- While unlocking the safe, it makes the loud sound of a mechanical lock that irritates many Hornady safe owners.
- HEAVY-DUTY, TAMPER PROOF CONSTRUCTION - efficient gun storage for tactical length rifles or shot...
- TOUCH-FREE ENTRY RFID SAFE - the patented RFID technology provides unmatched security from...
- CERTIFIED CHILD-RESISTANT - every Hornady security rapid gun safe exceeds ASTM International safety...
4. Quick Access Keyless Shotgun Safe By V-Line
If the height of your bed from the floor is good and you are looking for a basic gun safe that protects your stored firearms from your kids, then Quick Access Keyless Shotgun Safe By V-Line will be the ideal choice for you. This unit does not require any battery or electricity to operate. There is a five-push mechanical simplex lock that allows you to access your stored rifles quickly.
This unit is made up in the USA and comes with pre-drilled ¼” holes at the bottom of the case to help mount the unit on the floor. The body of V-Line has a black textured powder coating that increases the unit’s life for many years.
There is a strap that protects your rifle from falling when you open the door quickly. Inside the V-Line, there is a soft padded foam that protects your stored items from any scratch. There is no interior light inside the safety box, and you cannot depend on or expect too much protection from this rifle safe for your stored rifle or handgun.
|Internal Dimensions||7 x 3 x 40.50|
|External Dimensions||8 x 3.50 x 42|
|Lock||Simplex Mechanical Lock|
- It does not require any battery or electricity to operate
- Light in weight and can be carried from one place to another easily
- The Velcro strap prevents the rifle from falling when opening the door
- Made in the USA
- Basic safe you cannot expect too much protection for your rifle
- There should be padding at the side of the unit
- MADE IN THE USA
- Geniune KABA Simplex Lock
- Front/top opening can be mounted upright or hanging on a wall or door
5. V-Line Slide-Away Security Safe
If you are looking for unit-only storing small firearms like handguns or pistols, check out the V-Line Slide-Away Security Safe. This unit can easily be placed under the bed and allows you to quickly access your firearm with the help of a mechanical lock. It has so much room that you can even store your iPad, jewelry, money, passport, and extra magazine apart from your handgun.
This unit is made up of 12 gauge with an internal anti-pry-bar mounting bracket to protect from any forced attack or trying to pry the safe. The slider is made up of heavy-duty 100lbs that can accommodate 2 full sizes 1911 type handguns and room for an extra magazine.
While placing the unit under the bed, make sure you place it at the corner so that it’s easy for you to access the firearm easily. Also, after placing the handgun, the unit weight will increase tremendously because the empty v-line weighs 21lbs which is quite heavy.
|Internal Dimensions||8-3/4 x 12 x 2-1/2|
|External Dimensions||10 x 13.75 x 4.37|
|Lock||Simplex Mechanical Lock|
- Approved by California Department Of Justice
- Heavy-duty 12 gauge thickness
- Store 2 full-size pistols
- Top layer pick and pluck foam allowing you to customize according to valuables
- Drawer sometimes heavy to open
- MADE IN THE USA
- CA DOJ Approved
- Pick and pluck foam interior
Factors To Consider While Selecting Under Bed Gun Safe
Make sure you go with that under-bed unit capable of storing more weapons and other valuable items that open up smoothly. Some units can store 2-3 weapons from small to medium-sized guns, and some can even store more weapons with extra ammo, magazine, money, etc.
Suppose there is an emergency and you need to access your weapon as quickly as possible, and the safe does not open quickly, then what’s the use of that unit. So, always go with that locking system like biometric or electric keypad that opens the safe instantly.
Always go for a product that has a warranty so that in the future, if you face any problem with your gun safe, then the manufacture will replace or return it without any problem.
If you are going to place your unit on the ground floor of your house, then there will be no problem mounting the unit under the bed for extra security. But if you are living in an apartment or a house where drilling is not allowed, you have to tie your unit to a tabletop, stationary object or place it inside the drawer.
Even if you are looking for a safe that prevents the stored weapons from children, you need to think twice. The law in some states has made it mandatory to have a gun safe in California and protect it from forced attacks.
Why Should I Go For Under Bed Gun Safe Instead Of A Traditional Gun Safe?
Underbed safes can be easily hidden and save lots of space, whereas traditional safes are usually cannot be hidden from an unknown person. Also, they occupy lots of space and need time to access the unit.
Which Lock System Should I Go While Selecting Under Bed Gun Safe?
Go with that safe that has a biometric or digital keypad lock system that opens the unit in less than 2.5 seconds. If there is an attempted burglary in your home, then the first thing you will do is retrieve your firearm quickly.
Can I Go With Nightstand/Closet Gun Safe?
If you are going to store only small firearms, then it’s ideal for going with a nightstand gun safe. But if you want to store long rifles or shotguns with extra important jewelry, then a long gun safe will be perfect, like a moutec under-bed unit.
The above under bed gun safe will helps you sleep peacefully as your defensive weapons are stored where you can instantly access them in case of emergency. While selecting these underbed gun safes they should be quickly accessible, have ample storage, and protected against any forced break-ins. All the above-listed units are worth checking out for your firearms.