As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A true gun owner knows the importance of high-quality cleaning tools to have in his gun store. When you expose your gun to the atmosphere, it is exposed to predisposing factors like moisture, rain, and ice, which may corrode the firearm affecting its life span and service. Therefore owning one of the top sets of cleaning patches shouldn’t be an option for firearm lovers.
Here are the best gun cleaning patches that you can find on the market to aid you in maintaining your roscoe.
- My Top Gun Cleaning Patches Reviews
- Features to Consider for Gun Cleaning Patches
- Frequently Asked Questions
My Top Gun Cleaning Patches Reviews
Several top gun cleaning patches will provide you with excellent final cleaning. The effectiveness of the cleaning, though, varies from one patch to another, depending on several factors.
- When cleaning pistols and shotguns – Hoppe’s No. 9 Gun Cleaning Patches.
- 100% cotton patches – 360 Tactical Gun Cleaning Patches.
- Absorbency and adjustability – Southern Bloomer Gun Cleaning Patches.
- Lint-free and tightly knitted – S2 Delta Gun Cleaning Patches.
Most firearm owners use the cleaning patches attached to the firearms manual that comes along during purchase. The patches tend to be cheap and lack the quality if you need top cleaning.
Hoppe’s No 9 Gun Cleaning Patch
The Hoppe’s No. 9 gun cleaning patches come in two shapes, square and round, with cotton and synthetic material. This gives them the ability to clean through different bore sizes. They come pre-cut, excluding the need to cut them to your desired size or shape.
The square patches work perfectly with a good cleaning jag and are compatible with most guns.
- They come pre-cut and are uniformly woven.
- The Hoppe’s no 9 gun cleaning patches are well woven to provide ultra absorbency.
- They are fabricated with cotton and synthetic material.
- They are packaged in resealable bags.
They are designed for use with .38 – .45 Caliber / .410 – 20 – gauge shotgun and 22-300 Win Mag. If one patch is not enough, you are recommended to add more patches to fit your cleaning. The Hoppes No. 9 Gun Cleaning Patches are compatible with almost all guns except the 12 gauge shotguns.
Their package comprises 500 patches, unlike the Southern Bloomer Gun Cleaning Patches (Universal Patches, that do not require) which a package contains 100 patches. They are the best cleaning patches since they are compatible with most firearms and come in plenty of patches not requiring an early fill-up.
- Material : cotton and synthetic fibre
- Dimensions : 2*2 inch
- Package include : 500 patches
For Southern Bloomer Gun Cleaning Patches you have to cut the patches into quarters or thirds to clean your pistol or revolver for Hoppes no. 9 gun cleaning patches you don’t have to cut the patches.
- They come pre-cut therefore no need to recut into desired size or shape, four pre cut sizes for cotton and five pre cut sizes for synthetic fibres.
- Hope’s patches are ultra absorbent and woven uniformly.
- They are fabricated with synthetic material and cotton.
- They are not compatible with 12 gauge shotguns.
- One patch might not be enough, requiring you to add on more patches to suit the cleaning.
Southern Bloomer Gun Cleaning Patches
Southern Bloomer Gun Cleaning Patches are lint-free universal patches made of 100% military cotton material. They come precut and are thick enough to clean your firearm bores very well.
They absorb oil solvent and carbon fouling with so much ease, a feature which not many gun cleaning patches have. The southern bloomer gun cleaning patches are compatible with any caliber of the gun. If you are cleaning small bores you can cut the patches into the desired sizes.
- They are pre cut and thick enough to clean bores very well.
- They are fabricated with 100% military cotton material.
Southern Bloomer Gun Cleaning Patches are designed for use with 38/357/45 Cal. -9mm/10mm. For an easy fit if you want to clean your .22 pistol or revolver cut the patches into quarters or thirds.
- Dimensions : 2.5*2.5 inch
- Material : 100% cotton
- Package include : 100 Patches
If you need the best gun cleaning patches for an average amount of money that will provide a good cleaning for your firearm then Southern Bloomer Gun Cleaning Patches are the best. They are thick enough and you do not need to add more patches to achieve the cleaning unlike for Hoppes No.9 Gun Cleaning Patches where you might need to add more patches if one patch is not enough.
- Thick enough to clean your firearm bore very well.
- They are pre cut.
- They are fabricated with 100% military cotton material.
- You have to cut your patches into quarters and thirds if you want to clean your pistol or revolver.
- Best for money but if you are considering something cheaper then you can opt for 360 Tactical Gun Cleaning Patch.
360 Tactical Gun Cleaning Patches
S2 Delta Gun Cleaning Patches is made up of 100% cotton flannel. The patches are napped on both sides for maximum absorbent. They are cheap gun cleaning patches available that you will get for good gun cleaning services unlike the Southern Bloomer Gun Cleaning Patches which need you to splash some cash to acquire the services of the cleaning patches.
They clean easily and provide comfort for your firearms, not causing harm. These cleaning patches effectively clean built-up residue. They also clean dirt and carbon fouling easily.
- They are napped on both sides to provide maximum absorbent.
- The best cheapest gun cleaning patches and provide comfort.
- They are made of 100% cotton flannel.
The 360 Tactical Gun Cleaning Patch is pre-cut and they come in a pack of 500 patches. They are compatible with .38-45 caliber/.410 – 20 gauge and 9mm/10mm guns. You can cut the patches according to size depending on the tightness of the jag.
- Dimensions : 2.5*2 inches
- Package includes : 500 patches
- Material :100% cotton flannel
For easy Gun Cleaning Patches, the 360 Tactical Gun Cleaning Patch is preferable compared to the S2 Delta Gun Cleaning Patches which are square designed and can provide cleaning to a certain surface.
They also come in 500 pieces which are advantageous compared to Southern Bloomer Gun Cleaning Patches which have only 100 patches yet they have quite an expensive price.
- Patches are napped on both sides for maximum absorbent.
- They are effectively built up for cleaning residues, dirt and carbon fouling.
- They are compatible with many firearms yet available at a cheap price compared to the Southern Bloomer Gun Cleaning Patches, which are precise.
- You have to cut the patches according to your desired size and shape when the tightness of the jug is not determined.
- They can only clean small caliber firearms unlike the Southern Bloomer Gun Cleaning Patches which can clean pistols and rifles.
S2 Delta Gun Cleaning Patches
The S2 Delta Gun Cleaning Patches are premium quality, highly absorbent, bulk cleaning cotton flannel patches available in a square design. Their designated shape is built to provide a nearly uniform distribution of cleaning as the material makes contact with the cylindrical surface of the barrel. Their package includes one thousand patches.
They are available at a low price compared to the other Best Gun Cleaning Patches like Hoppe’s No. 9 patches.
- The patches are tightly knitted, not easily falling apart when being used.
- Their package contains a thousand patches.
- The s2 Delta Gun Cleaning Patches are highly absorbent and also help to lubricate your gat.
When done using your firearm, maintain it clean and inspect it during the cleaning to ascertain its functionality and robustness. Cleaning with S2 Delta patches frequently while disassembling it will help remove dirt, carbon fouling, rust and also lubricate the necessary part. Properly cleaning your firearm helps you shoot safely and consistently place rounds on target.
The S2 Delta Patches have superior integrity and the cotton flannel will not fall off either leaving lint behind.
- Material : cotton flannel
- Package Include : 1000 patches
The tight knitting of the S2 Delta Patches will help avoid leaving traces of cotton threads on your gun after cleaning. The whole gun cleaning process helps one to maintain the life of their firearm and ensure its effectiveness.
- Knitted tightly to provide sufficient absorbency and prevent lint from sticking on your bore.
- Their high absorbency does not only effectively clean the gun but also lubricate your firearm.
- Has a high ability to remove lead and carbon build up in the gun.
- They are square shaped thus can effectively clean square barrels though they can also provide cleaning for cylindrical bores.
- They are quite cheap compared to other patches like the Southern Bloomer Patches thus lack the quality of top patches.
For cleaning patches available at an affordable price the S2 Delta Gun Cleaning Patches provide a good alternative just in case you could not get the 360 Tactical Gun Cleaning Patches. They offer comfortable cleaning and have quality absorbing power to clean fluids.
Features to Consider for Gun Cleaning Patches
When selecting the type of gun cleaning patches to consider for your gun a variety of factors come to play. They range from the type of material, the accessories to be used with the patches, material strength to the number of patches to be used. I have listed the most considerable features that firearm owners check before selecting the type of patches they need.
|Hoppe’s No. 9 Gun Cleaning Patches
|Southern Bloomer Gun Cleaning Patches
|360 Tactical Gun Cleaning Patch
|S2 Delta Gun Cleaning Patches
|Most guns except 12 gauge shotguns
|Pistols and rifles
|.38 – .45 caliber guns
|Small caliber guns
|Cotton and synthetic fiber
|100% military cotton material
|100% cotton flannel
The material used to make the patches affect the cleaning to be produced greatly, such that patches made of 100% cotton material will provide a better cleaning compared to synthetics. Pure cotton is not lint-free material for cleaning but it provides effective absorbency and also helps in the lubricating of your weapon. Hopes No.9 Cleaning Patches are fabricated with both cotton and synthetic material providing the best cleaning whereas Southern Bloomer Patches are fabricated with 100% military cotton material thick enough to clean bores very well. Synthetic materials also provide a fine cleaning and the tightness of the weaving will determine the degree of cleanliness.
This is the actual factor when selecting cleaning patches, a top cleaning patch should be highly absorbent to be able to clean dirt that builds up, residues in the bores, and other solvents. The 360 Tactical Gun Cleaning Patches are made up of 100% cotton flannel which is napped on both sides, this ensures maximum solvent absorbent. Patches with high solvent absorbency will give you carbon fouling-free bores.
S2 Delta patches are also highly absorbent, effectively cleaning fluids and lead buildup in the gun.
Size of Patch
The size of the patch to be used varies with the size of your firearm and the area to be cleaned. When cleaning small caliber guns like shotguns and win mags the Hopes cleaning patches are suitable since they are available in a precut form and are also effective for cleaning most guns. Other caliber guns like pistols and revolvers need the patches to be reduced into a fitting size to clean them.
The patches have to be cut into fractions to suit the bore sizes of the guns.
Total Number of Patches
When cleaning your gun you might need just one patch and in some cases, you’ll need more than one patch for effective cleaning. Southern Bloomer Patches are thick enough to clean your bore not requiring an additional patch whereas the Hopes NO. 9 patches might require you to add other patches when one path is not sufficient. To provide a thorough cleaning the patch should be thick enough to absorb the dirt and any oil solvents.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Gun Cleaning Patches Made Of?
They are made up of cotton and synthetic fabric material. This is because pure cotton is not a perfect lint-free material for cleaning.
What Are Gun Cleaning Patches Used For?
Gun cleaning patches are used to clean dirt, built-up residue, carbon fouling, and also used as a solvent absorbent.
Is It Bad to Clean Your Gun After Every Use?
No. cleaning your gun after every use will help prevent malfunctions. Rest your firearm depending on how frequently you shoot with your gun.
Shotguns need less care compared to .22 or AR. Continuous shooting for a whole day will make your firearm jam the next day.
Firearms require daily cleaning if you use the weapon daily because dirt builds up upon shooting. To ensure the gun is in a good condition and for safe shooting, you have to possess top gun cleaning patches. The cleaning patches discussed have covered every area of interest from pricing to availability.
These cleaning patches will help you increase your gun’s lifespan.