As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Brass has been used throughout history because it’s a strong metal that can resist water and other liquids corrosion. However, when exposed to pollutants or high humidity levels, these metals can easily tarnish. This is where the best ultrasonic brass cleaner comes into play.
- Our Top Ultrasonic Brass Cleaner Recommendations
- Best Overall Ultrasonic Brass Cleaner: Lyman Ultrasonic Case Cleaner
- Best Ultrasonic Brass Cleaner for Tank Capacity: DK Sonic Ultrasonic Cleaner
- Best Ultrasonic Brass Cleaner with Degassing System: RCBS Ultrasonic Case Cleaner
- Best Ultrasonic Brass Cleaner For Heating: Hornady Lock-N-Load Sonic Cleaner
- Best Quick Dry Ultrasonic Brass Cleaner: Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Brass Dryer
- Best All Around Ultrasonic Brass Cleaner: iSonic Ultrasonic Cleaner
- Features to Consider for Best Ultrasonic Brass Cleaner
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Top Ultrasonic Brass Cleaner Recommendations
The best ultrasonic brass cleaner should give your firearms a deep, thorough clean without the use of harsh chemicals. It should also be easy to operate and affordable.
If you are looking for a safe, non-toxic way to clean your firearms, this is your blog post. We will check out some of the best ultrasonic brass cleaners regarding quality and operation mode.
Best Overall Ultrasonic Brass Cleaner: Lyman Ultrasonic Case Cleaner
The Lyman Ultrasonic Case Cleaner is a widely recognized cleaner for brass ammunition and gun parts. When it comes to cleaning, the Lyman is the best option on this list thanks to its fast and consistent cleaning time.
The Lyman Ultrasonic Case Cleaner is particularly excellent for cleaning bullet cases since it can clean over 300 .45 auto bullet casings in under an hour. You can expect to have cleaned brass cases in less than 10 minutes.
This brass case cleaner can hold 2.5L which is little compared to the large 10L capacity of the DKSonic Ultrasonic Cleaner. However, it will house most rounds of brass bullet casings you’ve used in the gun range. It can process up to 900 9mm cases in no more than 15 minutes.
The option settings for the Lyman are a bit limited which is a downside. You can only max it out at 480 seconds at a time. Hence, you might have to use 2 timer sessions for cleaning brass or hard-to-remove dirt.
For brass casings with little to no dirt, cleaning them only takes less than 8 minutes. The inside and outside will be thoroughly cleaned. Drying may become your problem since it doesn’t have a drain.
Overall, the Lyman Ultrasonic Case Cleaner impressed us with its effective and consistent cleaning. Even though the timer is limited, you will only need 1 cleaning session most of the time with how thorough it cleans.
- Can clean over 600 brass casings in under 15 minutes
- Comes with a heated tank and plastic basket saving you money and making the process easy.
- Timer only has 1 to 8 minutes of cleaning cycle, which might not be enough for cleaning hard to remove dirt
- May have a hard time cleaning stubborn brass because of the limited cleaning cycle
- Heated tank and Stainless Steel Basket
- Clean cases inside and out in less than 10 minutes
- Processes up to 900 9mm cases in less than 15 minutes
Best Ultrasonic Brass Cleaner for Tank Capacity: DK Sonic Ultrasonic Cleaner
The DK Sonic ultrasonic cleaner is one of the most efficient brass cleaners on this list since it has a large tank capacity for holding a large amount of brass casings shortening the time for cleaning for numerous brass casings.
The DK Sonic ultrasonic cleaner is the perfect machine to ensure that you clean the most brass casings and gun parts in one session. It has a 10 Liter tank size, the largest on this list. It comes with an integrated basket, so you don’t have to worry about holding anything in place while this ultrasonic brass cleaner runs its course.
The heavy-duty and moisture proof design prevents the ultrasonic cleaner from corrosion, making it perfect for any job and for long term use. You’ll be able to clean your armory and other valuable items with ease using this compact machine.
Unlike the Hornady cleaner with a single set of transducers, this DK Sonic Ultrasonic cleaner has eight transducers for top-notch cleaning results. The more transducers, the more likely the product is effective at cleaning since transducers are responsible for producing scrubbing action.
The downsides of this cleaner are that it also takes time to heat up, just like the Hornady Lock-N-Load Sonic Cleaner. This makes this cleaner unsuitable if you are in a hurry or have limited time.
- The DKsonic ultrasonic cleaner has high-quality transducers that prevent the inner tank from abrasion.
- The heater has an automatic stop function which will turn off when it reaches the preset temperature or higher, ensuring your safety.
- The degassing feature is not preprogrammed; you must manually set the time which can be difficult to get used to and consumes your time.
- The display LEDs of this Ultrasonic cleaner are blue, which are not easily visible.
- Multiple Cleaning Modes for an Extensive cleaning Range: Fullwave,Semiwave,Degas Cleaning Modes...
- Digital Control Panel with LED Display and Memory Function: Digital control panel can make the...
- SUS304 Stainless Steel Drain Valve and Die-casting Tank: Both the cleaning tank and drain valve of...
Best Ultrasonic Brass Cleaner with Degassing System: RCBS Ultrasonic Case Cleaner
The RCBS Ultrasonic Case Cleaner has the best degassing system among other ultrasonic brass cleaners on this list. The degassing feature allows the ultrasonic brass cleaner to maintain its effectiveness in cleaning despite the presence of gas in the cleaning solution.
The RCBS Ultrasonic Case Cleaner also has one of the largest tanks on this list. It has a 3 liter tank that can hold up to 225 x 308 cases. It may not be much compared to an expensive 10 L tank however, it’s all you need for cleaning ammunition enough for 1 to 2 hours at the shooting range.
It also has a heating function for helping up with the cleaning. It has a 5 stage temperature cooling system that can help you save power and time for cleaning brass and gun parts.
You also have a timer that you can set anywhere from 1 to 30 minutes so you can have more flexibility in cleaning time especially with hard to clean brass casings. What’s great about it is that it’s very user friendly and easy to operate.
The RCBS ultrasonic case cleaner also has a second timer for monitoring the solvent usage. An indicator will notify you that you should change the solution. It’s a convenient feature to have instead of manually checking the quality of the solution.
It comes with a useful hose pipe which you can use for draining. You rarely get any spillage from the hose pipe.
Although it has a multiple heating option, you might get impatient with the RCBS because heating it will take some time. It’s the only problem we have of this product which could have easily been the best on this list.
Overall, it’s a solid ultrasonic brass cleaner. If you don’t mind the long hours of waiting to heat up, then this one’s for you.
- Large 3 liter tank capacity
- Has degassing and draining function making your work simpler
- Notifies you when it is time to change solution
- May take a long time to heat up
- Better to check the quality of the solution yourself since it can be inaccurate at times
Best Ultrasonic Brass Cleaner For Heating: Hornady Lock-N-Load Sonic Cleaner
Cleaning your guns is easier and faster with the help of the Hornady Lock-N-Load Sonic Cleaner and its heating function. The powerful 110 volts heater will enhance cleaning action, making it perfect for those hard-to-reach areas where other cleaners cannot go.
It has a 0.53-gallon or 2 liters tank that can hold 500 9mm cases, making it perfect for a casual light brass cleaning. It’s not as big as the DK Sonic or the RCBS yet can still hold a decent amount of cases.
It also has a ceramic heater inside the tank that is corrosion-resistant and will not damage your guns while cleaning them. The ceramic material is pretty durable and will ensure the product will be used for a long time.
If the RCBS heats up slowly then the Hornady Lock-N-Load Sonic Cleaner is the opposite. It can heat up fast and sometimes it can heat up too much that it might destroy the finish of your guns so you have to monitor it which can take your time and attention.
The downside of this cleaner is that it lacks a degassing function, unlike the DK Sonic Ultrasonic Cleaner, so you’ll need to be careful with the products you’re cleaning.
- It offers a deep cleaning function perfect for removing carbon residue and other stubborn dirt and grime on your brass cases
- The cleaner’s timer allows you the flexibility of choosing an appropriate cycle for your cleaning needs.
- It’s not big enough to fit rifle barrels and other larger items because of its smaller tank size. So it’s better not to use it for cleaning gun parts.
- It has limited temperature settings thus might not be suitable for cleaning other items. It can also run hotter than you want it to.
- Make easy work of brass preparation
- Holds up to three hundred 223 cases
- Boosts the accuracy of your handloads
Best Quick Dry Ultrasonic Brass Cleaner: Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Brass Dryer
The Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Brass Dryer is another quality product that you might want to consider if you want to save time with drying. It’s actually popular compared to other ultrasonic brass cleaners on this list.
This brass dryer has the best airflow on this list. The forced air convection moves the high-temperature air throughout the different trays. Which means every area inside the brass cleaner is applied with drying heat.
Despite this, the heat is distributed evenly making its quick dry effective both inside and out. It even has a fan spinning at the top to prevent any moisture from accumulating.
The Frankford Arsenal can dry around 2,000 9mm brass casings in just under an hour. However, this product is powered by 500 watts which is a lot higher compared to other ultrasonic brass cleaners on this list so expect to consume more electricity with every use.
Since it is powered with such high watts, this product can run pretty hot most times and the fuse may get compromised because of it if you’re not careful with handling the brass cleaner.
Overall, it’s a solid brass cleaner that makes quick work of your brass casings and has them dry and ready for reloading.
- Excellent airflow for fast heating and drying times
- Quick dry and can dry the most brass cases on this list
- Produces little noise which can be distracting
- Can run quite hot at times which can be dangerous with kids at home
- Consumes a lot of power with its 500 watts so may increase your electricity bill
- Can dry up to 1000 pieces of .223 rifle brass
- Specially designed vented trays
- Runs quietly
Best All Around Ultrasonic Brass Cleaner: iSonic Ultrasonic Cleaner
This next-generation iSonic Ultrasonic Cleaner is great for all around brass items because it’s been designed that way.
The iSonic is pretty similar to DK Sonic since it is also marketed for all around items such as glasses, watch, jewellry, and home tools.
It is also great for long-term usage as the machine’s parts are made from corrosion-resistant materials like stainless steel material for the tank.
It has a degas function as the RCBS ultrasonic case cleaner that will help remove any built-up air in the tank.
With its full-size plastic basket, the iSonic Ultrasonic Cleaner is easier to use than other models that come with trays. The basket allows for more space for brass casings and easier draining of water.
The negative side of this ultrasonic cleaner is that you cannot use it for more than half an hour at a time, which is pretty short if you’re cleaning larger items. However, it won’t be much of a problem if you’re cleaning brass casings which are small in size.
- It has international certificates like the GS, making this ultrasonic cleaner top-quality equipment.
- Provides uniform distribution of ultrasonic energy because of its almost square shape design.
- The iSonic ultrasonic cleaner plastic housing makes it quieter than its counterpart with stainless steel housing, making it a better choice for those who want to keep their noise levels down.
- Its plastic housing might be more prone to scratches and dents than its stainless steel counterpart.
- You have to wait for a few minutes after completing one cleaning cycle before starting the next one. This is to prevent any residual heat from affecting the next cycle.
- iSonic P4810 Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaner, 2. 1Qt/2L, white color, plastic basket, heater, 110V
- Stainless Steel Tank, Tank Size 7. 2"x6"x3", Tank Capacity 2. 1Qt/2L.
- Ultrasonic Frequency 35, 000 Hz, 110V 135W
Features to Consider for Best Ultrasonic Brass Cleaner
|Product||Tank Capacity||Wattage||Max Timer Setting|
|Lyman Ultrasonic Case Cleaner||2.5 Liters||115V||8 minutes|
|DK Sonic Ultrasonic Cleaner||10 Liters, 15 Liters, 30 Liters, 33 Liters||110V||99 minutes|
|RCBS Ultrasonic Case Cleaner||3 Liters||120V||30 minutes|
|Hornady Lock-N-Load Sonic Cleaner||2 Liters||110V||30 minutes|
|Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Brass Dryer||Not specified||110V||No timer|
|iSonic Ultrasonic Cleaner||2 Liters||110V||30 minutes|
You have to know if the product can clean a brass case thoroughly since it is mostly what it will do. Fortunately, all of the ultrasonic brass cleaners on this list have great cleaning effectiveness.
However, the Lyman Ultrasonic Case Cleaner stands above the rest. Even with its limited timer, 8 minutes is enough to give a thorough cleaning for most brass cases.
The tank’s capacity should be sufficient for the items you want to clean so that it will take a shorter time to wash them, and there won’t be any need for manual refilling while cleaning.
The DK Sonic Ultrasonic, with its 10L tank capacity, is your best option. You can even opt to get the 33L tank capacity.
Having a heater is important to set the desired cleaning temperature and have it maintained throughout the cycle. It’s best to get an ultrasonic cleaner with an automatic shutoff feature to prevent any damage caused by overheating.
The iSonic ultra cleaner also has a cooling fan that will keep the machine’s internal components cool, thus preventing them from overheating. Having uniform ultrasonic energy distributed throughout the tank makes it great for mixing and applications.
However, the Hornady Lock-N-Load Sonic Cleaner gives you the best heating application for effective cleaning.
Timer and Controls
If you don’t want to keep on checking the status of your ultrasonic cleaner during use, it’s best if it has an automatic timer that will end the cycle automatically when there’s no more liquid left in the tank.
The RCBS Ultrasonic Case Cleaner has the best combination of timer and controls. It’s easy to remember and operate once you read the instructions.
Additionally, it’s good to set the desired cleaning time for better accuracy if the ultrasonic cleaner has an on/off switch and control.
Materials Used in Construction
You must get an ultrasonic cleaner made of high-quality materials because they will be more resistant to tear, wear, and damage caused by corrosion.
You can’t go wrong with any of the products listed on this list as they are made of quality materials. You just have to be careful when handling them.
Some ultrasonic cleaners like the RCBS Ultrasonic Cleaner have a degassing mode, which removes any gas bubbles that may form during the cleaning process.
This will help improve the overall results of your ultrasonic cleaning and make it more efficient.
Cleaning Basket / Tray
It’s best if your ultrasonic cleaner comes with a cleaning basket or tray so that you can place the items you want to clean in it, like the Lyman Ultrasonic Case Cleaner that comes with a plastic basket.
This will make it easier to keep an eye on them and prevent them from coming into contact with the ultrasonic cleaner’s tank and transducer, which may damage them over time.
Since ultrasonic cleaners produce noise when in use, it’s best to get a model with lower noise levels so that this doesn’t affect your work or other activities while the cleaner is in use.
The iSonic ultrasonic cleaner has a lower noise level than most models in this list because of its plastic housing, making it a great choice if you’re looking for one that doesn’t produce too much noise.
Some manufacturers provide the ultrasonic cleaner with certification so that you can be assured of its quality and safety. It’s best to get one with UL, ETL, or ETL certification for peace of mind about your purchase.
The iSonic ultrasonic heater has five international GS certificates that signal the best quality standards.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is an Ultrasonic Cleaner and What Does It Do?
An ultrasonic cleaner is a unit that uses high-frequency sound waves to clean . It’s a great alternative to traditional cleaning methods like scrubbing and is much more efficient in removing dirt, grease, and other debris from surfaces.
What Are Some Common Uses for an Ultrasonic Cleaner?
Aside from ammunition and gun parts, some common uses for an ultrasonic cleaner are jewelry, medical equipment, and electronics. However, many other items can be cleaned with this device, like glasses, silverware, or plastic containers.
Are Ultrasonic Cleaners Safe?
Yes, ultrasonic cleaners are safe because they produce high-frequency sound waves, so they’re not considered dangerous to use as long as they’re used properly. However, you should always follow the manufacturer’s guidelines on using it safely and avoid putting your hand inside when cleaning items.
Ultrasonic cleaners are a great investment for anyone who needs to clean items at home or at work. Ensure you research the type of ultrasonic cleaner to buy and consider its purpose, features, and certification before making a purchase.